Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Tourist

About two weeks ago I finished with my last school work: completing Design Studio 2 and my 3D assignment, working on and presenting my final photographs, studying for my marketing test and finishing my paper. With school done I had time to be a proper tourist here in Melbourne.

So, I tried different food:

More Chinese. That purple/white stuff is hot sweet soup and it is very, very jummy.

Pancakes at The Pancake Parlour


Spanish Donuts. They taste a bit like oliebollen but more crunchy

Frozen Yogurt at Cacao Green

A woman has to shop so I visited a huge shopping mall...

...And did some sightseeing:

Victoria Library


Queen Victoria Market. Here you can buy chickens. Amongst other things.


Starbucks fail

Not really a touristic thing but still very cool was a coffee course I did yesterday. I was very much looking forward to it because the coffee in Melbourne is amazing (not Starbucks but in pretty much any cafe/restaurant) and I wanted to know how to make them.

I am now a barista! They taught us how to make a proper espresso with a manual machine, how to prepare milk correctly and how to do coffee art. It made me more coffee obsessed and I want my own grinder, coffee machine and milk pan and give nice cups of latte, macchiato, cappuccino and flat whites to everyone.

Paying attention


My next Christmas present


My best attempt at a "free poured leaf"

No comments:

Post a Comment